Friday 7 January 2011

Journal Portraits By Bonnie Jones


Those who know my work well know I have an obsession with anything that has previously been owned by someone else, old photo's, old keys, generally anything that only really has a value to the person who originally owned it. 


These things just fascinate me and inspire much of my work. 
When I was having one of my (all too frequent) browses on Etsy a few days ago I stumbled across Bonnie Jones Photography


Her Journal Portraits series instantly appealed to me. Using a found journal (thrift stores are amazing!) she utilised some descriptions found within it, combined with her own imagination, to stage various photographs. 


I think some of the photo's, like "he took the butter" and "Oh I Wish..." have a Cindy Sherman feel about them (only Bonnie's are better!) If I can find the portraits i'm thinking of I'll post them soon.


Read Bonnie's full explanation of this series of work on here.


Be sure to check out her website! I have left out some of my favourite photo's so you can discover them for yourself! :)



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Laura! What a treat to be featured here!

    ReplyDelete